VERIZON ONLINE TERMS OF SERVICE
This Agreement is between you as our Subscriber and Verizon Online LLC (or its affiliates listed in Section 16 ("Verizon" or "Verizon Online") and it sets forth the terms and conditions under which you agree to use and we agree to provide the Service.
THIS IS A CONTRACT. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS DO NOT USE THE SERVICE AND CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY TO TERMINATE IT.
- Term and Acceptance of Agreement; Agreement Terms Generally Included.
The term of this Agreement will be either month-to-month or for the term specified for the Service or Bundled Service plan you select (the "Term"). The Term begins when you accept this Agreement and ends when you or we terminate this Agreement as permitted herein.
Acceptance by you of this Agreement occurs upon the earlier of: (a) your acceptance of this Agreement electronically during an online order, registration or when installing the Software or the Equipment; (b) your use of the Service; or (c) your retention of the Software or Equipment we provide beyond thirty (30) days following delivery. If you change Service plans, your term and monthly rate may change (depending on the plan you select), but all other provisions of this Agreement will remain in effect unless otherwise noted.
- DEFINITIONS AND CHANGES TO SERVICE.
- "Broadband Services" means Verizon's FiOS or DSL-based Internet services (whichever applies). Verizon's DSL-based Internet service is also known as "High Speed Internet" ("HSI").
- "Bundled Service(s)" means a combination or "bundle" of a Broadband Service with one or more other eligible Verizon services, including but not limited to Verizon FiOS TV, Verizon Freedom Value or Verizon Freedom Essentials, FiOS Digital Voice or Verizon ONEBILL service.
- "Content" means content provided by Verizon or its third party licensors or suppliers and accessible on the Service, including without limitation images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, and text in any format.
- "Equipment" means the modem, router and/or other equipment provided by Verizon for use with the Service.
- "Service" means all Verizon dial-up, Broadband Service and Wi-Fi wireless Internet access services (where applicable), Software, Equipment, Content, Additional Services as defined in Attachment B, technical support, email, domain name server ("DNS") and related services, Verizon Toolbar, Verizon Web Sites and other products and services provided by Verizon under the pricing plan applicable to your Service. The Service does not include voice telephony services.
- "Verizon Web Site(s)" mean the sites located at verizon.net, verizon.com and myverizon.com, which are comprised of various web pages, tools, information, software, content, and features operated by Verizon."Verizon Web Site(s)" mean the sites located at verizon.net, verizon.com and myverizon.com, which are comprised of various web pages, tools, information, software, content, and features operated by Verizon.
- REVISIONS TO THIS AGREEMENT.
From time to time we will make revisions to this Agreement and the policies relating to the Service. We will provide notice of such revisions by posting revisions to the Website Announcements page, or sending an email to the email address that you provide to receive communications from us (your "Primary Email Address"), or both. You agree to visit the Announcements page periodically and to check your email box to review any such revisions. You also agree to notify Verizon immediately of any changes in your Primary Email Address. We will provide you with at least thirty (30) days notice prior to the effective date of any increases to the monthly price of your Service or Bundled Service plan (excluding other charges as detailed in Sections 8.1(a)-(d)); revisions to any other terms and conditions shall be effective on the date noted in the posting and/or email we send you. By continuing to use the Service after revisions are effective, you accept and agree to abide by them.
- AUTHORIZED USER, ACCOUNT USE, AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- You acknowledge that you are eighteen (18) years of age or older and that you have the legal authority to enter into this Agreement. You agree promptly to notify Verizon whenever your personal or billing information changes.
- You are responsible for all use of your Service and account, whether by you or someone using your account with or without your permission, including all secondary or sub-accounts associated with your primary account, and to pay for all activity associated with your account. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules regarding your use of the Service and to only use the Service within the United States (unless otherwise permitted by this Agreement).
- Restrictions on Use. The Service is a consumer grade service and is not designed for or intended to be used for any commercial purpose. You may not resell, re-provision or rent the Service, (either for a fee or without charge) or allow third parties to use the Service via wired, wireless or other means. For example, you may not provide Internet access to third parties through a wired or wireless connection or use the Service to facilitate public Internet access (such as through a Wi-Fi hotspot), use it for high volume purposes, or engage in similar activities that constitute such use (commercial or non-commercial). If you subscribe to a Broadband Service, you may connect multiple computers/devices within a single home to your modem and/or router to access the Service, but only through a single Verizon-issued IP address. You also may not exceed the bandwidth usage limitations that Verizon may establish from time to time for the Service, or use the Service to host any type of server. Violation of this section may result in bandwidth restrictions on your Service or suspension or termination of your Service.
- Dial-Up Accounts. If you subscribe to Dial-up Service, your Service may be subject to log-off automatically and without notice if your account is idle for fifteen minutes. An account session may be deemed to be idle if there appears to be no interactive, human generated data received from your computer system within a prescribed amount of time. Use of automatic re-dialer, script or other programs for the purpose of avoiding inactivity disconnects is a violation of this Agreement. You may only use your account for one log-on session per connection type at a time and you may not use more than one IP address for each log-on session.
- Broadband Accounts. Additional User IDs provided for Broadband customers' email boxes may not be used as dial-up connections.
- AVAILABILITY OF AND CHANGES TO SERVICE.
- Service and Bandwidth Availability and Speed. The Service you select may not be available in all areas or at the rates, speeds, or bandwidth generally marketed, and some locations may not qualify for the Service even if initial testing showed that your line was qualified. We will provision qualified HSI lines at the maximum line rate available to your location based on our standard line qualification procedures, unless you have selected a level of service with a lower maximum line rate. Bandwidth is provided on a per-line (not a per-device) basis. The bandwidth available to each device connected to the network will vary depending upon the number, type and configuration of devices using the Service and the type of use (e.g., streaming media), among other factors. The speed of the Service will vary based on network or Internet congestion, your computer configuration, your use of FiOS TV video on demand service, the condition of your telephone line and the wiring inside your location, among other factors. We and our suppliers reserve the right, at any time, with or without prior notice to you, to restrict or suspend the Service to perform maintenance activities and to maintain session control.
- Changes to your local voice telephony service. If you change your local telephone company or discontinue your local telephone service, we may in our discretion either terminate your Service or continue to provide Broadband Service without local Verizon voice service at the then-current rates, terms and conditions applicable to your new Service plan and you agree to pay any new or higher monthly fee that may apply to your new Service plan. If we elect to terminate your Service under this Section 6.2, then we reserve the right to charge any early termination fees and to apply the Equipment return terms under Section 9.
- Conversion from DSL Service to Verizon FiOS Internet Service. When Verizon is able to provision Service utilizing fiber optic technologies, we may in our discretion terminate your DSL Service and cease offering DSL Service to your location. In such case, we will offer you Verizon FiOS Internet Service at the then applicable rates and terms, which may differ from your previous DSL Service rates and terms. If you are on a Term Plan and Verizon terminates or ceases to offer service to your location under this Section 6.3, you shall not be liable to pay the ETF.
- Changes to Service or Features. Verizon reserves the right to change any of the features, Content or applications of the Service at any time with or without notice to you. This includes the portal services we may make available as part of the Service or for an additional charge.
- SOFTWARE LICENSES AND THIRD PARTY SERVICES.
- We may provide you, for a fee or at no charge, software for use in connection with the Service which is owned by Verizon or its third party licensors, providers and suppliers ("Software"). We reserve the right periodically to update, upgrade or change the Software remotely or otherwise and to make related changes to the settings and software on your computer or Equipment, and you agree to permit such changes and access to your computer and Equipment. You may use the Software only in connection with the Service and for no other purpose.
- Certain Software may be accompanied by an end user license agreement ("EULA") from Verizon or a third party. Your use of the Software is governed by the terms of that EULA and by this Agreement, where applicable. You may not install or use any Software that is accompanied by or includes a EULA unless you first agree to the terms of the EULA.
- For Software not accompanied by a EULA, you are hereby granted a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license by Verizon or its applicable third party licensor(s) to use the Software (and any corrections, updates and upgrades thereto). You may not make any copies of the Software. You agree that the Software is confidential information of Verizon or its third party licensors and that you will not disclose or use the Software except as expressly permitted herein. The Software contains copyrighted material, trade secrets, patents, and proprietary information owned by Verizon or its third party licensors. You may not de-compile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to discover any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of the Software, otherwise reduce the Software to a human readable form, modify, rent, lease, loan, use for timesharing or service bureau purposes, reproduce, sublicense or distribute copies of the Software, or otherwise transfer the Software to any third party. You may not remove or alter any trademark, trade name, copyright or other proprietary notices, legends, symbols, or labels appearing on or in copies of the Software. You are not granted any title or rights of ownership in the Software. You acknowledge that this license is not a sale of intellectual property and that Verizon or its third party licensors continue to own all right, title and interest, including but not limited to all copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, and moral rights, to the Software and related documentation, as well as any corrections, updates and upgrades to it. The Software may be used in the United States only, and any export of the Software is strictly prohibited.
- Your license to use the Software or any Additional Services will remain in effect until terminated by Verizon or its third party licensors, or until your Service is terminated. Upon termination of your Service, you must cease all use of and immediately delete the Software from your computer.
- If you subscribe to or otherwise use any third party services offered by Verizon, your use of such services is subject to the EULA of that third party provider. Violation of those terms may, in our sole discretion, result in the termination of your Service.
- All title and intellectual property rights (including without limitation, copyrights, patents, trademarks and trade secrets) in and to the Verizon Web Sites (including but not limited to, related software, images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text, and content), are owned by Verizon, its affiliates or licensors. All title and intellectual property rights in and to the information and content which may be accessed through use of the Verizon Web Sites are the property of the respective content owner and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties. This Agreement does not grant you any rights to use such content, nor does it grant any rights to the Verizon Web Sites, other than the right to use the Verizon Web Sites according to the terms of the Agreement.
- Verizon Wi-Fi. Verizon Wi-Fi Software and Services are provided by Boingo Wireless, Inc. ("Boingo").
- Verizon Toolbar.
- Verizon Error Assist. As part of the installation process, the Verizon Toolbar will request your consent to receive Verizon Error Assist pages and to change your default web search provider settings.
- Usage Data. The Verizon Toolbar may communicate certain non-personally identifiable usage information to Verizon and/or third party licensors to help Verizon and its licensors compile aggregate statistical usage data for the Verizon Toolbar including but not limited to data regarding the number of Verizon Toolbar installations, unique users and searches performed. Such aggregated statistical information will not include any information that individually identifies Verizon Toolbar users. The Verizon Toolbar collects user's IP addresses for the sole purpose of enabling proper geographic localization, such as presenting weather information based on a user's current location. While the IP address is stored for backup purposes, neither Verizon nor its licensors use this information for any purpose other than geographic localization. The Verizon Toolbar does not collect any information that individually identifies users.
- Uninstalling the Verizon Toolbar. Once installed, the Verizon Toolbar Software will automatically launch every time you execute the Microsoft Internet Explorer and/or Mozilla Firefox browser programs. You may uninstall the Verizon Toolbar Software at any time by clicking on "Settings" tool on the far right side of the Verizon Toolbar, and selecting "Uninstall" or by using the standard uninstall procedures included as part of your computer's operating system.
- Verizon Toolbar Software is provided by Visicom Media, Inc., which is a third party beneficiary of this Agreement capable of enforcing its terms independently from Verizon.
- PRICING; BILLING; CHANGES TO SERVICE PLANS AND PAYMENT.
- Prices and Fees. You agree to pay the fees applicable to your Service or Bundled Service, either on a monthly or prepaid basis, as applicable, and to pay: a) applicable taxes, b) surcharges, c) recovery fees, d) telephone charges, e) activation fees, f) installation fees, g) set-up fees, h) equipment charges, i) ETFs, and j) other recurring and nonrecurring charges associated with the Service plan you have selected. The taxes, fees and other charges detailed in a)-d) above may vary on a monthly basis. Surcharges and recovery fees are not taxes and are not required by law, but are set by Verizon and may change. You also agree to pay any additional charges or fees applied to your account, including interest and charges due to insufficient credit or insufficient funds.
- Billing. Non-recurring charges such as set up, activation and installation fees, and equipment charges, will be included in your first bill. Monthly Service and Bundled Service recurring charges will be billed one month in advance; any usage charges will be billed in arrears. Pre-paid pricing plans for Additional Services will be billed in advance. Based on your election and subject to our approval, Verizon or its agent will bill you directly, or bill your charge card or local Verizon telephone bill (where available). IF YOU ELECT TO BE BILLED ON YOUR VERIZON PHONE BILL, BY USING THE SERVICES YOU AGREE TO HAVE ALL SERVICE CHARGES INCLUDED ON YOUR PHONE BILL. IF YOU SUBSCRIBE TO A BUNDLED SERVICE PLAN, THEN ALL OF THE SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE BUNDLED SERVICE PLAN MUST BE BILLED ON YOUR VERIZON PHONE BILL. If you enroll in Verizon's Paperless Billing program, you agree to view and pay your bill electronically each month and to provide Verizon with current, accurate, complete, and updated information including your legal name, address, telephone number(s), email address and applicable payment data such as your bank account number. You agree to notify Verizon immediately of any changes in your email address or other registration or payment data. You will no longer receive a paper bill. Instead, each month you will receive an email notifying you that your bill is available online for viewing and payment at verizon.com. You must continue to pay your paper bill until you receive your first e-mail notification that your bill is available online. If your electronic payment is rejected for any reason, Verizon may charge a return item fee (where permissible), cancel your enrollment in the Paperless Billing program and resume sending you paper bills. If you wish to revoke consent to paperless billing and receive a paper bill, select the "Account" tab on My Verizon, then select Account Overview, then select "Paperless Billing" and follow the posted instructions. If you use a third party bill payment vendor or distributor to receive and pay your Verizon bill, Verizon is not responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of your bill payments. If you de-enroll from receiving your Verizon bill at your home banking service provider's website, we will resume sending you a paper bill. Billing for Dial-up Service will automatically begin upon registration of your account. Billing for Broadband Services will automatically begin on the date provisioning of your Broadband Service is complete ("Service Ready Date"). Billing for Additional Services will begin on your Service Ready Date if you are also ordering a new Broadband Service. Otherwise, billing for Additional Services will begin upon submission of your order, unless otherwise noted. We may, at our election, waive any fees or charges. If you cancel any component of a Bundled Services plan, the monthly charges for the remaining services on your account will automatically convert to the applicable existing, non-discounted month-to-month service rate.
- Plans with Minimum Terms. If you choose a Service or Bundled Services plan with a minimum term commitment, you agree to maintain your Service for the term of that plan (a "Term Plan"). For Broadband Services, your Term Plan begins on the later of: (a) the date you change your existing Broadband Service plan to a Term Plan; or (b) your Service Ready Date; for Bundled Services, your Term Plan begins once all Bundled Services have been provisioned. You will begin receiving any discount associated with a Bundled Services plan once all Bundled Services have been provisioned. At the end of any Term Plan you may be given the option to select a new Term Plan. If you do not select a new Term Plan, your Service will automatically convert to a month-to-month Service plan at a monthly fee that may be higher than your current rate. If you select a new Term Plan, the terms of that plan will apply.
- Pre-paid Service Plans for Additional Services. You may be given the option to select a pre-paid service plan for Additional Services ("Prepaid Service Plan") which will begin on the later of: (a) the date of your order, or (b) the date you change to the Prepaid Service Plan. There will be no refunds for Prepaid Service Plans. At the end of any Prepaid Service Plan, you may be given the option to select a new Prepaid Service Plan. If you do not select a new Prepaid Service Plan, your Service will automatically convert to the then-current month-to-month rate for the Additional Service.
- Money Back Guarantee. If we provide a money back guarantee ("MBG") for your Service, it will begin on your Service Ready Date. During this MBG period you may cancel your Service and receive a full refund of all monthly, one-time and equipment charges paid to Verizon (provided you return all Equipment in good working condition). If you fail to return the Equipment, an unreturned Equipment fee will apply. ETFs will not apply to Service terminated within the MBG period. The MBG does not apply to customers who change between or renew bundle, monthly, term or other pricing plans. The MBG is limited to one per Subscriber per Service type per Service address.
- Discontinuation of Service for Nonpayment. We may discontinue your Service without notice if Service charges on your telephone bill or charge card are refused for any reason, or if you fail to make payment when due or to provide us with a new charge card expiration date before the existing date expires.
- Late Fees. If any portion of your bill is not paid by the due date, Verizon may charge you a late fee on unpaid balances and may also terminate or suspend your Service without notice. If your charges are billed by your Verizon local carrier, the late fee will be equal to the late payment charge that the local exchange carrier applies. Otherwise, the late fee will be the lesser of 1.5 % per month, or the highest rate permitted by law. If Verizon uses a collection agency or legal action to recover monies due, you agree to reimburse us for all expenses we incur to recover such monies, including attorneys' fees.
- Local Telephone, Toll and Long Distance Charges. VERIZON IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CHARGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LONG DISTANCE AND METERED LOCAL OR TOLL CHARGES INCURRED WHEN YOU ACCESS THE SERVICE. YOU SHOULD CHECK WITH THE LOCAL PHONE COMPANY TO DETERMINE WHETHER A DIAL-UP NUMBER YOU HAVE SELECTED IS A LOCAL CALL FROM YOUR LOCATION AND WHETHER ANY CHARGES APPLY. VERIZON DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT ANY DIAL-UP ACCESS NUMBERS WE PROVIDE WILL BE A LOCAL CALL FROM YOUR LOCATION. ADDITIONAL CHARGES, WHICH MAY BE SUBSTANTIAL, APPLY TO REMOTE DIAL UP ACCESS, WHICH IS AVAILABLE FROM CERTAIN LOCATIONS ONLY.
- Limitation on Special Pricing Promotions. You may only take advantage of one special pricing promotion during any consecutive twelve (12)-month period. Eligibility for promotional offers may be contingent upon payment of all outstanding Verizon charges.
- Refundable Deposit. We may require that you provide us with a refundable deposit, which will be specified at the time of your order ("Subscriber Deposit"). We may also require an additional deposit after activation of the Service if you fail to pay any amounts when due. Within ninety (90) days after termination of your Service, we -will return your Subscriber Deposit, less any unpaid amounts due on your account, including any amounts owed for unreturned or damaged Equipment. Amounts held on deposit will not accrue interest except as required by law.
- Credit Related Matters We may evaluate your credit history before modifying or providing you Service. In order to establish an account with us and/or obtain or modify Service, we may obtain a report from a consumer credit agency or exchange information with our affiliates in connection with determining your creditworthiness. If you fail to pay your bill, we may submit a negative credit report to a credit reporting agency, which will negatively affect your credit report.
- TERMINATION OR SUSPENSION OF SERVICE.
- Termination of Service.
- Subscribers with Month-to-Month Accounts. If you are a month-to-month Service customer, either you or Verizon may terminate this Agreement any time by giving notice to the other as set forth in this Agreement. Termination by you will be effective upon your notice to us. Activation or set-up fees paid at the initiation of your Service, if any, are not refundable, except during any applicable 30-day MBG period.
- Subscribers with Term Plans; Early Termination Fee. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, IF YOUR BROADBAND SERVICE OR ANY COMPONENT OF A BUNDLED SERVICE PLAN IS TERMINATED BY YOU OR BY US AS A RESULT OF VIOLATION BY YOU OF THIS AGREEMENT BEFORE COMPLETING YOUR TERM PLAN, THEN YOU AGREE TO PAY VERIZON THE ETF SET FORTH IN THE PRICING PLAN YOU HAVE CHOSEN. If you terminate Service at your location, your existing Term Plan cannot be carried over to a new Service location.
- Termination and/or Suspension by Verizon. Verizon reserves the right to change, limit, terminate, modify or temporarily or permanently cease providing the Service or any part of it with or without prior notice if we elect to change the Service or a part thereof or if you violate the terms of this Agreement. If Verizon terminates your Service under this Section 9.1.3, you must immediately stop using the Service and you will be responsible for the applicable fees and/or Equipment charges set forth in Sections 8.4, 9.1.1, or 9.1.2. If the termination is a result of violation by you of the terms of this Agreement, you also shall be liable to pay the ETF. If Verizon terminates or ceases to offer service to your location, you shall not be liable to pay the ETF. If your Service is reconnected, a reconnection fee may apply.
- Deletion of Data upon Termination. YOU AGREE THAT IF YOUR SERVICE IS TERMINATED FOR ANY REASON, VERIZON HAS THE RIGHT TO IMMEDIATELY DELETE ALL DATA, FILES AND OTHER INFORMATION (INCLUDING EMAILS, ADDRESS BOOK AND WEB STORAGE CONTENT) STORED IN OR FOR YOUR ACCOUNT WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE TO YOU.
- Return of Equipment upon Termination. If your HSI Service is terminated for any reason prior to the end of the first year of service and you received Equipment at no charge from Verizon, you must return the Equipment to Verizon or you will be charged for the Equipment. If your FiOS Internet service is terminated for any reason prior to the end of the third year of service and you received Equipment at no charge from Verizon, you must return the Equipment to Verizon or you will be charged for the Equipment. Failure to return any Equipment you received at no charge from Verizon, or returning Equipment in a damaged condition (subject only to reasonable wear and tear), will result in the imposition of an Equipment fee that may be substantial.
- MANAGEMENT OF YOUR DATA AND COMPUTER.
- Your Responsibilities Regarding Management of Your Computer and Data. You are solely responsible for obtaining, maintaining and updating all equipment and software necessary to use the Service, and for management of your information, including but not limited to back-up and restoration of your data. YOU AGREE THAT VERIZON IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LOSS OF YOUR DATA OR FOR THE BACK-UP OR RESTORATION OF YOUR DATA REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THIS DATA IS MAINTAINED ON OUR SERVERS OR YOUR DEVICE(S). YOU SHOULD ALWAYS BACK-UP ANY IMPORTANT INFORMATION SEPARATELY FROM DATA STORED ON VERIZON'S OR ANY THIRD PARTY'S SERVERS.
- Content and Data Management by Verizon. We reserve the right to: (a) use, copy, display, store, transmit and reformat data transmitted over our network and to distribute such content to multiple Verizon servers for back-up and maintenance purposes; and (b) block or remove any unlawful content you store on or transmit to or from any Verizon server. We do not guarantee the protection of your content or data located on our servers or transmitted across our network (or other networks) against loss, alteration or improper access.
- Your Responsibilities Regarding Security. You agree that you are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your computer(s) and data, including without limitation, encryption of data and protection of your User ID, password and personal and other data. If you believe your login credentials have been lost or stolen, or that someone has gained access to your account or login credentials without your permission, call us immediately at 1-800-837-4966. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THE USE (AND APPROPRIATE UPDATING) OF COMMERCIAL ANTI-VIRUS, ANTI-SPYWARE AND FIREWALL SOFTWARE.
- Monitoring of Network Performance by Verizon. Verizon automatically measures and monitors network performance and the performance of your Internet connection and our network. We also will access and record information about your computer and Equipment's profile and settings and the installation of software we provide. You agree to permit us to access your computer and Equipment and to monitor, adjust and record such data, profiles and settings for the purpose of providing the Service. You also consent to Verizon's monitoring of your Internet connection and network performance, and to our accessing and adjusting your computer and Equipment settings, as they relate to the Service, Software, or other services, which we may offer from time to time. We do not share information collected for the purpose of network or computer performance monitoring or for providing customized technical support outside of Verizon or its authorized vendors, contractors and agents. Verizon reserves the right to modify the password(s) for the router(s) used with the Service in order to safeguard Internet security, the security and privacy of Subscriber information, where required by law, and/or for other good cause to provide, upgrade and maintain the Service, protect the network, other users of the Internet, or our Subscribers. Should Verizon change such password(s), we will use reasonable means to notify the Subscribers affected, which may include email to a Primary Email Address on file and/or through notice on the Website.
- LIMITATIONS ON USE OF THE SERVICE.
- You acknowledge and agree that Verizon (a) is not responsible for invalid destinations, transmission errors, or the corruption of your data; and (b) does not guarantee your ability to access all websites, servers or other facilities or that the Service is secure or will meet your needs.
- You acknowledge that the Service will allow access to information which may be sexually explicit, obscene or offensive, or otherwise unsuitable for children. You agree that the supervision of use of the Service by children is your responsibility and that Verizon is not responsible for access by you or any other users to objectionable or offensive content. VERIZON STRONGLY RECOMMENDS THE USE OF COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE CONTENT FILTERING SOFTWARE.
- You understand and agree that if you type a nonexistent or unavailable Uniform Resource Locator (URL), or enter a search term into your browser address bar, Verizon may present you with a Verizon Error Assist web search page containing suggested links based upon the query you entered in lieu of your receiving an NXDOMAIN or similar error message. Verizon's provision of the Error Assist page may impact applications that rely on an NXDOMAIN or similar error message and may override similar browser-based search results pages. If you would prefer not to receive Error AssistAWS Ppages from Verizon, you should follow the opt-out instructions that are available (i) by clicking on the "About" link on any Error Assist page and (ii) if the Verizon Toolbar is installed on your computer, by selecting Toolbar Settings (the wrench icon on the right side of the Verizon Toolbar) and selecting the "Disable Error Assist" option.
- You are not authorized to use any Verizon name or mark as a hypertext link to any Verizon Web site or in any advertising, publicity or in any other commercial manner without the prior written consent of Verizon Licensing Company.
- You agree that Verizon assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, integrity, quality completeness, usefulness or value of any Content, advice or opinions contained in any emails, message boards, chat rooms or community services, Verizon Web Sites or in any other public services or social networks, and that Verizon does not endorse any advice or opinion contained therein, whether or not Verizon provides such service(s). Verizon does not monitor or control such services, although we reserve the right to do so.
- You represent that when you transmit, upload, post or submit any content, images or data using the Service you have the legal right to do so and that your use of such data or content does not violate the copyright or trademark laws or any other third party rights.
- Websites linked to or from the Service are not reviewed, controlled, or examined by Verizon and you acknowledge and agree that Verizon is not responsible for any losses you incur or claims you may have against the owner of third party websites. The inclusion of any linked websites or content from the Service, including websites or content advertised on the Service, does not imply endorsement of them by Verizon.
- If you choose to access the Verizon Web Sites from locations outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and you are responsible for compliance with all applicable local use controls, laws and regulations, including those relating to the transmission of technical data exported from or imported to the United States or the country in which you reside. Verizon makes no representation that materials on the Verizon Web Sites are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited.
- WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
- YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE SERVICE SUPPLIED HEREUNDER IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" OR "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT AND AS OTHERWISE SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN ANY MANUFACTURER WARRANTY FOR ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED BY VERIZON (BUT ONLY IF SUCH WARRANTY IS INCLUDED WITH SUCH EQUIPMENT), VERIZON (AND ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AND AFFILIATES) (COLLECTIVELY THE "VERIZON PARTIES"), ITS THIRD PARTY LICENSORS, PROVIDERS AND SUPPLIERS, DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS FOR THE SERVICE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, NON-INTERFERENCE, TITLE, COMPATIBILITY OF COMPUTER SYSTEMS, COMPATIBILITY OF SOFTWARE PROGRAMS, INTEGRATION, AND THOSE ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF TRADE, OR ARISING UNDER STATUTE. ALSO, THERE IS NO WARRANTY OF WORKMANLIKE EFFORT OR LACK OF NEGLIGENCE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION GIVEN BY VERIZON OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO ADVICE PROVIDED.
- VERIZON DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT SERVICE CAN BE PROVISIONED TO YOUR LOCATION, OR THAT PROVISIONING WILL OCCUR ACCORDING TO A SPECIFIED SCHEDULE, EVEN IF VERIZON HAS ACCEPTED YOUR ORDER FOR SERVICE. THE PROVISIONING OF SERVICE IS SUBJECT TO NETWORK AVAILABILITY, CIRCUIT AVAILABILITY, LOOP LENGTH, THE CONDITION OF YOUR TELEPHONE LINE AND WIRING INSIDE YOUR LOCATION, AND YOUR COMPUTER/DEVICE CONFIGURATION AND CAPABILITIES, AMONG OTHER FACTORS. IN THE EVENT YOUR LINE IS NOT PROVISIONED FOR ANY REASON, NEITHER YOU NOR VERIZON SHALL HAVE ANY DUTIES OR OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT (OTHER THAN YOUR OBLIGATION TO RETURN ANY VERIZON-PROVIDED EQUIPMENT).
- VERIZON DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE OR EQUIPMENT PROVIDED BY VERIZON WILL PERFORM AT A PARTICULAR SPEED, BANDWIDTH OR DATA THROUGHPUT RATE, OR WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, SECURE, OR FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, DISABLING CODE OR CONDITIONS, OR THE LIKE. VERIZON SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF YOUR DATA, OR IF CHANGES IN OPERATION, PROCEDURES, OR SERVICES REQUIRE MODIFICATION OR ALTERATION OF YOUR EQUIPMENT, RENDER THE SAME OBSOLETE OR OTHERWISE AFFECT ITS PERFORMANCE.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL THE VERIZON PARTIES OR VERIZON'S THIRD PARTY LICENSORS, PROVIDERS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR: (A) ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR INFORMATION OR DAMAGE TO DATA ARISING OUT OF THE USE, PARTIAL USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, OR RELIANCE ON OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE, REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF CLAIM OR THE NATURE OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE ARISING UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY, EVEN IF VERIZON HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH CLAIM OR DAMAGES, OR (B) ANY CLAIMS AGAINST YOU BY ANY OTHER PARTY.
- THE LIABILITY OF THE VERIZON PARTIES, OR (SUBJECT TO ANY DIFFERENT LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY IN THIRD PARTY END USER LICENSE OR OTHER AGREEMENTS) OUR THIRD PARTY LICENSORS, PROVIDERS OR SUPPLIERS, FOR ALL CATEGORIES OF DAMAGES SHALL NOT EXCEED A PRO RATA CREDIT FOR THE MONTHLY FEES (EXCLUDING ALL NONRECURRING CHARGES, REGULATORY FEES, SURCHARGES, FEES AND TAXES) YOU HAVE PAID TO VERIZON FOR THE SERVICE DURING THE SIX (6) MONTH PERIOD PRIOR TO WHEN SUCH CLAIM AROSE, WHICH SHALL BE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF CLAIM OR NATURE OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO ASSERT ANY LIMITATIONS OR DEFENSES WHICH ARE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- ALL LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS STATED IN THIS SECTION 12 ALSO APPLY TO VERIZON'S THIRD PARTY LICENSORS, PROVIDERS AND SUPPLIERS, AS THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARIES OF THIS AGREEMENT.
- THE REMEDIES EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES. YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS UNDER CERTAIN LAWS (SUCH AS CONSUMER LAWS), WHICH DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY, OUR EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Verizon Parties from and against all liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' and experts' fees, related to or arising from your use of the Service (or the use of your Service by anyone else), (a) in violation of applicable laws, regulations or this Agreement; (b) to access the Internet or to transmit or post any message, information, software, images or other materials via the Internet; (c) in any manner that harms any person or results in the personal injury or death of any person or in damage to or loss of any tangible or intangible (including data) property; or (d) claims for infringement of any intellectual property rights arising from or in connection with use of the Service.
- Notices required under this Agreement by you must be provided to us at P.O. Box 11328, St. Petersburg, FL 33733, Attention: Customer Service in the manner set forth in the Contact Us section of the Website. Notice by Verizon to you (including notice of changes to this Agreement under Section 3) shall be deemed given when: (a) transmitted to your Primary Email Address; or (b) mailed via the US mail or hand-delivered to your address on file with us; or (c) when posted to the Announcements page of the Website.
- If you send us an email, you agree that the User ID and/or alias contained in the email is legally sufficient to verify you as the sender and the authenticity of the communication.
- GENERAL PROVISIONS.
- All obligations of the parties under this Agreement, which, by their nature, would continue beyond the termination of this Agreement, including without limitation, those relating to Limitation of Liability and Indemnification, shall survive such termination.
- Verizon will not be liable for delays, damages or failures in performance due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of a governmental body, acts of God, acts of third parties, fires, floods, strikes, work slow-downs or other labor-related activity, or an inability to obtain necessary equipment or services.
- You may not assign or otherwise transfer this Agreement, or your rights or obligations under it, in whole or in part, to any other person. Any attempt to do so shall be void. We may freely assign all or any part of this Agreement with or without notice and you agree to make all subsequent payments as directed.
- Except as otherwise required by law, you and Verizon agree that the substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without reference to its principles of conflicts of laws, will be applied to govern, construe and enforce all of the rights and duties of the parties arising from or relating in any way to the subject matter of this Agreement. YOU AND VERIZON CONSENT TO THE EXCLUSIVE PERSONAL JURISDICTION OF AND VENUE IN A COURT LOCATED IN FAIRFAX COUNTY, VIRGINIA FOR ANY SUITS OR CAUSES OF ACTION CONNECTED IN ANY WAY, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT OR TO THE SERVICE. Except as otherwise required by law, including Virginia laws relating to consumer transactions, any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to the Service must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises or such claim or cause of action is barred.
- Use, duplication or disclosure by any Government entity is subject to restrictions set forth, as applicable, in subparagraphs (a) through (d) of the Commercial Computer-Restricted Rights clause at FAR 52.227-19, FAR 12.212, DFARS 227.7202, or in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause of DFARS 252.227-7013, and in similar clauses in the NASA FAR Supplement. Contractor/manufacturer is Verizon or its licensors and suppliers. The use of Software and documentation is further restricted in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
- Verizon's failure at any time to insist upon strict compliance with any of the provisions of this Agreement shall not be construed to be a waiver of such terms in the future. If any provision of this Agreement is determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect and the unenforceable portion shall be construed as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties.
- This Agreement, including all Policies referred to herein and posted on the Website, constitutes the entire agreement between you and Verizon with respect to the subject matter hereto and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous agreements whether written or oral. No changes by you to this Agreement shall be effective unless agreed to in a writing signed by an authorized person at Verizon.
- Verizon Affiliates. Services in Maryland are provided by Verizon Online - Maryland LLC. Services in Pennsylvania are provided by Verizon Online Pennsylvania Partnership.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
- General Policy: Verizon reserves the sole discretion to deny or restrict your Service, or immediately to suspend or terminate your Service, if the use of your Service by you or anyone using it, in our sole discretion, violates the Agreement or other Verizon policies, is objectionable or unlawful, interferes with the functioning or use of the Internet or the Verizon network by Verizon or other users, or violates the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP").
- Specific Examples of AUP Violations. The following are examples of conduct which may lead to termination of your Service. Without limiting the general policy in Section 1, it is a violation of the Agreement and this AUP to: (a) access without permission or right the accounts or computer systems of others, to spoof the URL, DNS or IP addresses of Verizon or any other entity, or to penetrate the security measures of Verizon or any other person's computer system, or to attempt any of the foregoing; (b) transmit uninvited communications, data or information, or engage in other similar activities, including without limitation, "spamming", "flaming" or denial of service attacks; (c) intercept, interfere with or redirect email or other transmissions sent by or to others; (d) introduce viruses, worms, harmful code or Trojan horses on the Internet; (e) post off-topic information on message boards, chat rooms or social networking sites; (f) engage in conduct that is defamatory, fraudulent, obscene or deceptive; (g) violate Verizon's or any third party's copyright, trademark, proprietary or other intellectual property rights; (h) engage in any conduct harmful to the Verizon network, the Internet generally or other Internet users; (i) generate excessive amounts of email or other Internet traffic; (j) use the Service to violate any rule, policy or guideline of Verizon; (k) use the service in any fashion for the transmission or dissemination of images containing child pornography or in a manner that is obscene, sexually explicit, cruel or racist in nature or which espouses, promotes or incites bigotry, hatred or racism; or (l) download or use the Service in Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria or to destinations that are otherwise controlled or embargoed under U.S. law, as modified from time to time by the Departments of Treasury and Commerce.
- Copyright Infringement/Repeat Infringer Policy. Verizon respects the intellectual property rights of third parties. Accordingly, you may not store any material or use Verizon's systems or servers in any manner that constitutes an infringement of third party intellectual property rights, including under US copyright law. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable laws, it is the policy of Verizon to suspend or terminate, in appropriate circumstances, the Service provided to any subscriber or account holder who is deemed to infringe third party intellectual property rights, including repeat infringers of copyrights. In addition, Verizon expressly reserves the right to suspend, terminate or take other interim action regarding the Service of any Subscriber or account holder if Verizon, in its sole judgment, believes that circumstances relating to an infringement of third party intellectual property rights warrant such action. These policies are in addition to and do not affect or modify any other rights Verizon may have under law or contract. If you believe that copyrighted material has been used in violation of this policy or otherwise been made available on the Service in a manner that is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law, please follow the instructions for contacting Verizon's designated Copyright Agent as set forth in Verizon's Copyright Policy located at http://www.verizon.com/copy.html.
- Verizon may, but is not required to, monitor your compliance, or the compliance of other subscribers, with the terms, conditions or policies of this Agreement and AUP. You acknowledge that Verizon shall have the right, but not the obligation, to pre-screen, refuse, move or remove any content available on the Service, including but not limited to content that violates the law or this Agreement.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES TERMS
If you subscribe to any of the following services ("Additional Services"), the terms and conditions below apply to your use of the service(s) in addition to the terms of the Agreement.
- PERSONAL WEB SPACE ("PWS") AND VERIZON ONLINE BACKUP & STORAGE ("STORAGE SERVICES").
- If PWS and/or Storage Services are made available as a feature of the Service, you agree that you are solely responsible for all content you store on or retrieve from such services. Additional terms and conditions applicable to Storage Services are posted on the Website and are incorporated herein by reference. You understand that we do not provide telephone technical support for PWS or Storage Services. Storage Services may be accessed from any suitable Internet connection.
- If you breach this Agreement, we reserve the right immediately to suspend or terminate your Service and/or an Additional Service(s) with or without notice. In such case, you agree that we may immediately delete all data, files, and other content stored on your Storage Services, including archived data, without further notice to you. It is your responsibility to remove or copy any content stored on the Storage Services prior to closure of your account; otherwise, it may be lost.
- Verizon reserves the right to access your PWS or Storage Service account at any time with or without prior notice to you and to disable access to or remove content which in our sole discretion is or reasonably could be deemed unlawful.
- Use Requirements for Free Storage Services Accounts ("Free Account"). If you sign up for a Free Account, you must actively use it. To "actively use" your account means to upload, download, backup or restore content to it. In the event you do not use your Free Account for a period of sixty (60) calendar days or more, then Verizon reserves the right to cancel your Free Account. We will provide notice of cancellation by email to your Primary Email Address. Use of your Free Account within fourteen (14) calendar days of the date of your cancellation notice will prevent cancellation of your Free Account. It is your responsibility to remove or copy any content in your Free Account prior to cancellation or termination; otherwise, it will be lost. Verizon may, at its election, also delete archived data.
- Verizon Online Backup & Sharing is provided by DigiData Corporation, which is a third party beneficiary of this Agreement capable of enforcing its terms independently from Verizon.
- EMAIL AND EMAIL MESSAGING SERVICE.
- Email Service. Use of Verizon email service is subject to Verizon's email and anti-spam policies, which include important information about limitations on use of the email service such as the storage capacity and deletion of stored messages. More information is available at on the Website and these email policies are incorporated herein by reference.
- Email Security. Verizon reserves the right in our sole discretion to provide the level of security we deem appropriate to safeguard our network and customers, and other Internet users, against Internet threats or abuses, including viruses, spam and phishing threats. These security measures may include, but are not limited to, the use of firewalls and blocklists to block potentially harmful or abusive emails or attachments, anti-spam filters, anti-virus and anti-spyware software, and blocking selected ports. Such activities may result in the blocking, filtering or non-delivery of legitimate and non-legitimate email sent to or from your email account. By using any Verizon-provided email service, you agree that delivery and receipt of email is not guaranteed and to Verizon's use of such Internet and email security measures we in our sole discretion deem appropriate.
- Email Aliases. Verizon will issue email aliases (alternate email addresses) based upon availability. You will surrender your alias by changing it or if your account is terminated for any reason and we will not forward emails addressed to that alias. If your Service is reinstated we cannot guarantee your alias will still be available to you.
- VERIZON INTERNET SECURITY SUITE ("VISS").
- VISS by Radialpoint.
- VISS by Radialpoint is manufactured by Radialpoint SafeCare General Partnership located at 2050 Rue de Bleury, Suite 300, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 2J5. RadialpointTM is a trademark of Radialpoint SafeCare Inc. (hereunder, along with Radialpoint SafeCare General Partnership, referred to as Radialpoint). The personal jurisdiction and venue provisions in Section 15.4 shall not apply to any causes of action by or against Radialpoint Inc. under or in relation to this Agreement. Radialpoint Inc. is a third party beneficiary of this Agreement capable of enforcing its terms independently from Verizon.
- You acknowledge and consent that Radialpoint Inc.: (i) may provide non-personally identifiable usage data collected in anonymous and aggregate form ("VISS Data") to its subcontractors in North America, for analysis of the performance of VISS, including the redundancy, reliability, and disaster recovery components of the services; and (ii) may use such VISS Data (1) to improve activation flow; and/or (2) as part of trends or reports published by Radialpoint Inc.
- VISS Powered by McAfee.
- VISS Powered by McAfee is manufactured by McAfee, Inc. located at 3965 Freedom Circle, Santa Clara, CA 95054, which is a third party beneficiary of this Agreement capable of enforcing its terms independently from Verizon. The personal jurisdiction and venue provisions in Section 15.4 shall not apply to any causes of action by or against McAfee Inc. under or in relation to this Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that claims against McAfee regarding the VISS Powered by McAfee shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of New York.
- Use of each license for VISS Powered by McAfee is limited to one computer. Updates to previous versions of VISS Powered by McAfee require a valid license to the previous version. After receiving an update, you may continue to use the previous version of VISS Powered by McAfee on the same computer to assist in transitioning to the update. Previous versions or copies thereof may not be transferred to another computer unless all copies of updates are also transferred. Prior versions of VISS Powered by McAfee will not be supported after an updated version has been installed.
- VISS Powered by McAfee may include software programs licensed (or sublicensed) to the user under the GNU General Public License ("GPL") or other similar free software licenses which, among other rights, permit the user to copy, modify and redistribute certain programs, or portions thereof, and have access to the source code ("Open Source Software"). The GPL requires that for any Open Source Software covered under the GPL, which is distributed in an executable binary format, that the source code also be made available. With VISS Powered by McAfee, the source code is made available as part of the download package. If any Open Source Software licenses require that McAfee provide rights to use, copy or modify a program that are broader than the rights granted herein, such rights shall take precedence.
- You acknowledge that VISS Powered by McAfee employs certain applications and tools to retrieve non-personally identifiable information about your computer system to provide and support VISS Powered by McAfee. Because this information is essential to providing quality service and up to the minute threat protection, there is no opt-out available for this information collection.
- VERIZON GAMES ON DEMAND. Verizon Games on Demand are manufactured by Exent Technologies, Inc., which is a third party beneficiary of this Agreement capable of enforcing its terms independently from Verizon.
- STARZ PLAY. Starz Play is provided by Starz Entertainment, LLC.
- VERIZON PREMIUM TECHNICAL SUPPORT SERVICE ("PTS").
- Service Description and Scope of Support. PTS is a service intended to address issues outside the scope of Verizon's standard technical support. PTS includes: (a) configuration troubleshooting; (b) evaluation of and attempts to correct software, operating systems and networking issues; (c) virus/spyware support; and (d) software and peripherals support for network, video and sound cards, memory, hard drives, CD/DVD reader/writers, printers, scanners and networking equipment. All PTS services are offered in English only.
- Limitations of PTS.
- PTS does not support all software, hardware or Internet-related products, applications or features and we reserve the right to defer support issues to your equipment or software vendor. PTS does not include training on hardware or software use.
- PTS is not intended to replace the more advanced technical support that may be available from hardware or software manufacturers
- PTS is for incident-specific troubleshooting and problem resolution, and excludes: i) computer programming; ii) software development; iii) warranty repairs or product replacement; iv) support for Windows® 95 and earlier versions of Windows; v) support for Mac operating systems earlier than OS X; vi) problems or issues arising out of any impermissible or unauthorized use or modification of a product or vii) upgrades of firmware, software, operating systems, or applications. Use of PTS does not constitute a license to use the software, applications or equipment being supported, or an upgrade thereto. You are responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses to use your software and applications
- In some cases, we may not be able to diagnose or resolve a problem because of complications with your computer or its configuration. PTS is offered as a "best efforts" service and without warranty except as specifically set forth in this Agreement. We reserve the right to refuse to troubleshoot software not on our list of supported products.
- You understand and agree that technical problems may be the result of software or hardware errors not yet resolved by the product manufacturer, and that we may not have the ability to obtain the information necessary to resolve a specific technical problem.
- If you purchase the Thirty (30) Minute Premium Technical Support Service ("30 Minute PTS"), the Service is non-refundable. 30 Minute PTS has a maximum duration of thirty (30) minutes and must be used within twenty-four (24) hours from the time of purchase; and you must be a subscriber to Verizon High Speed Internet or Verizon FiOS Internet service.
- Your Responsibilities.
- In order for us to provide PTS, you must first confirm that you have: a) full access (including any required licenses) to the hardware and/or software that is the basis of the problem; and (b) completed a back-up of any data, software, information or other files stored on your computer disks and/or drives that may be impacted. Verizon is not responsible for the loss, corruption or alteration of data, software or files that may result from performance of PTS by our technicians. You also acknowledge and agree that you are the owner or authorized user of any hardware or software about which you are contacting us. PTS is only available to you and those residing at your location; PTS is not transferrable.
- You agree to cooperate with and follow instructions provided by Verizon and acknowledge that such cooperation by you is essential to our delivery of PTS to you.
- You hereby grant Verizon permission to view, access and modify your computer, computer (including registry) settings and any related software or peripheral equipment, including all data, hardware and software components, in order to perform PTS.
- You are responsible for any and all restoration and reconstruction of lost or altered files, data, or programs, and for ensuring that any information or data disclosed to Verizon is not confidential or proprietary to you or any third party.
- Support Procedures.
- Purchase Terms. PTS can be purchased either: (a) for an unlimited number of Incidents for a term beginning on the date you order PTS and continuing for the duration of the plan you selected ("Term Plan"); or (b) on a per-Incident basis (the "Per-Incident Service Plan"). For the Per-Incident Service Plan, Verizon will address a single Incident (as defined in Section 6.4.2 below) which shall include follow-up calls, as reasonable and necessary, regarding the Incident. Once an Incident is resolved (as set forth in Section 6.4.3, below), you may call back and obtain assistance on the same Incident for up to seventy-two (72) hours at no additional charge, after which the Incident will be considered closed. Once an Incident has been closed by Verizon, any further calls or requests for assistance will be considered a new Incident and additional fees will apply if you subscribe to our Per-Incident Service Plan. IF YOU PURCHASE PTS UNDER A TERM PLAN AND YOUR SERVICE IS TERMINATED BY YOU (OR BY US IF YOU BREACH THIS AGREEMENT) BEFORE COMPLETING YOUR TERM, THEN, UPON TERMINATION OF YOUR SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO PAY VERIZON AN EARLY TERMINATION FEE IN THE AMOUNT SET FORTH IN THE PLAN YOU HAVE CHOSEN.
- "Incident" means a specific, discrete problem for which Verizon will attempt to isolate its origin to a single cause. Verizon, in its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes an Incident.
- An Incident will be considered resolved when you receive one of the following: (a) information or advice that resolves the Incident; (b) information on how to obtain a software solution that will resolve the Incident; (c) notice that the Incident is caused by a known, unresolved issue or an incompatibility issue; (d) information that the Incident can be resolved by upgrading to a newer release of a product; (e) notice that the Incident has been identified as a hardware equipment issue; or if (f) you cannot, or elect not to, pursue the course of action we recommend.
- Our advice to you may include steps that you will need to take before the Incident can be resolved, such as buying cables or cords, acquiring software, etc. and we will keep your service request open for future reference when you are ready to resume the process.
- Third Party Warranties. Third-party equipment, software and peripheral products are covered by the warranties provided by the original manufacturer or the seller of the product. Third party warranties may vary from product to product. It is your responsibility to consult the applicable product documentation for specific warranty information. In addition, you acknowledge that certain third party equipment or software warranties may limit or void the remedies that they offer if unauthorized persons perform support service on the equipment or software. It is your responsibility to ensure that any impact that Verizon's delivery of PTS might have on third party warranties is acceptable to you.
- Customer Specific Service. PTS is only available to you and to persons you authorize. In either case, the terms of this Agreement will apply to the PTS services we perform.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. VERIZON'S TOTAL LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THE PTS SERVICE, OR FROM VERIZON'S NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER ACTS OR OMISSIONS, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED, AT VERIZON'S SOLE DISCRETION AND OPTION, (A) TO REPERFORMING THE PTS SERVICE, OR (B) AS SET FORTH IN SECTION 12 OF THE AGREEMENT; EXCEPT THAT, IN THE CASE OF PER-INCIDENT SERVICE PLANS, YOUR REMEDIES WILL BE LIMITED TO A REFUND OF THE CHARGES AND FEES PAID FOR THE PTS SERVICE GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM, IF ANY. THE REMEDIES FOR A FAILURE OR BREACH OF SUCH LIMITED WARRANTY ARE EXCLUSIVE.
V-11.2 Effective April 19, 2011